The GPZ Legal team of five lawyers and eleven dedicated and highly trained support staff are available to assist you in a wide range of law areas. We have a loyal client base exceeding 10,000, consisting of clients from all walks of life and with a variety of legal issues.
Here at GPZ Legal we strive to achieve the best results possible for our clients. All our Lawyers are accessible, respectful and considerate of their client’s needs. Together with their passion for the law and their extensive knowledge in their respective areas we are confident that one of our skilled lawyers will be able to assist you.
1975 B Juris
1977 Bachelor of Law
1992 Advanced Certificate in Real Estate
Nick was admitted to practice in 1977 and has over 38 years’ experience. He established his own practice in 1981 as a sole practitioner and developed the practice into the current firm known as GPZ Legal. His practice areas are extensive and include but are not limited to WorkCover, TAC,Property and Business, Commercial Litigation, Family Law and Wills and Estates.
Nicholas prides himself on his exceptional service and his wealth of knowledge is invaluable to the firm.
Nick started at GPZ Legal as an employee and in 1996 became a partner of the firm. He has extensive experience in the Criminal Law. He is a Registered Trading Organisation (RTO) specialist and has been involved in a number of high profile cases. He also has extensive experience in all forms of Litigation and is easily accessible at most times including after hours and weekends for those urgent (cannot wait) matters.
2007 Bachelor of Laws
Irini undertook her articles at GPZ Legal and has been with the firm since 2008. She began her career in Wills and Estates Law but has since moved into the Personal Injury Department of the firm, advising clients in matters dealing with WorkCover, TAC, Public Liability and Superannuation Benefits.
2011 Bachelor of Laws
2012 Graduate Diploma of Legal Practice
2014 Advanced Diploma of Conveyancing
2015 Masters of Applied Law (majoring in Wills and Estates)
Anthea has been with the firm since late 2012. She completed her Graduate Diploma of Legal Practice with the College of Law. She has since completed an Advanced Diploma of Conveyancing and a Masters of Applied Law Specialising in Wills and Estates. Anthea is responsible for our Wills and Estates department, which includes Probate applications and Part IV disputes. Anthea also assists clients in all aspects of conveyancing including Purchase and Sale of Residential and Commercial properties, together with Subdivisions, off the plan sales and developments.
2015 Bachelor of Laws
2018 Graduate Diploma of Legal Practice
Timothy joined the firm in 2017 and has since assisted clients in a range of practice areas including criminal law, commercial disputes, commercial leases, family law, personal injury and Wills and Estates.
Mary is a Legal Executive and has command of all of GPZ Legals Administration and Accounting. She has been with the firm since its inception in 1981 and has helped it grow to where it is now. Mary’s presence is responsible for the efficient running of the practice.
If you have been injured in a Transport Accident, the Transport Accident Commission (TAC), under theTransport Accident Act 1986 can pay for the following:
- Reasonable costs of medical treatment
- Lump Sum Compensation
- Common Law Damages
- Rehabilitation services
- Disability Services
- Income Assistance
- Travel and Household Support services (that you may need as a result of your injuries from a transport accident)
Each case is determined individually and GPZ Legal can assist you in making the claim processes less challenging and emotional.
- Income Protection
- Total and Permanent Disability Payments (TPD)
- Trauma lump sum payment
- Death lump sum payment to your chosen beneficiaries
Public Liability (Slip and Falls)
Wills and Estates
- Minimising likelihood of a personal successfully challenging your will
- Appropriate strategies when drafting in cases of blended families, family members with financial difficulties or who are suffering financial hardship or disabled family members
- Testamentary trusts
- Can provide protection from creditors and third parties (ie in the case of a marital breakdown or bankruptcy
- Can provide Tax benefits
Powers of Attorney
- Authorising your attorney
- These powers of attorney can occur immediately and are not reliant upon you being incapacitated
Medical Powers of Attorney
- Authorising your attorney to make decisions about your medical treatment on your behalf, should you lose the capacity to make those decisions for yourself
Guardianship Powers of Attorney
- Authorising your powers of attorney to make decisions about your lifestyle in the event that you lose the capacity to make those decisions for yourself. Such decisions could include where you are to live if you are no longer capable of living at home and who is able to visit you.
Estate Administration eg Probate or Letters of Administration
- If you have been appointed as the Executor of a will, you will be responsible for administrating the deceased assets in accordance with such a will. GPZ Legal can provide you with the necessary advice and guidance in order for you to properly administer the estate.
- GPZ legal will ensure that the will of deceased is correctly interpreted in order to minimise you, as the executor of any personal risks you may be exposed to. In the case of a particularly large and/or complicated estate, GPZ Legal can make an application for executor’s commission in the event that you have gone above and beyond.
Estate Planning, Superannuation and Part IV Applications - Challenging a Will
- If the will maker was believed not to have capacity at the time that they signed the will or if they did not understand the contents of the will and what they were signing
- If the will has not been signed correctly for instance at the bottom of each page and in front of two independent witnesses
- The will has been tampered with, or you know of a later valid will which the willmaker has made
- The will maker was unduly influenced into make the will
If you believe that adequate provisions has not been made to you under a valid will, you may be able to make a Testator’s Family Maintenance Claim under the Administration and Probate Act 1958 (Vic). In Victoria, the list of eligible applicants has been changed by virtue of the ……. If you wish to make a claim against the estate of a deceased person, please contact us and we will outline the eligibility requirements.
Family Law and Defacto Law
- Property Disputes
- Parenting Disputes
- Paternity Disputes
- Spousal Maintenance
- Intervention Orders
- Financial Agreements
- Cohabitation Agreements
- Defacto Property Disputes
Leasing and Licensing
- Property Disputes
- Lease or licence agreements
GPZ Legal is able to act for Landlords, Tenants, Licensors and Licensees whether for residential or commercial purposes. GPZ Legal has extensive knowledge of the Retail Leases Act 2003 and the Retail Leases Regulations 2003as well as the Landlord and Tenant Act 1958 and the Property Law Act.
- Drafting Sale Contracts and Vendor’s Statement
- Guidance through the sales process and through to settlement
- Advice in relation to any proposed purchase
- Finance Advice
- Conducting your Due Diligence
- Guidance through the purchase process through to settlement
Building and Construction Disputes and Building Contracts
- Summary and indictable offences
- Drunk Driving
- Corporate Crime
- Jury Trials
“Dear Nicholas, thank you for another year of not only excellent care but fighting for me just because its right! You are one in a million and thank God you’re on my side”
“Dear Nicholas, Anthea was handling my settlement and my feedback is that she is absolutely OUTSTANDING. She went above and beyond to assist me and I am 100% satisfied with her services. She is great at what she does and words cannot express my gratitude. You are truly lucky to have an employee like her. “
How Can We Help You?
We Listen, We Care, We Help.
To have a discussion about how we can meet your legal needs please contact us either by phone or via our contact form.